Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Honey from the Rock


 The following posts are chapters from my book called, Honey from the Rock.  It is my account of our journey with God through the valley of cancer with our 6 year old son, Andrew.  May it encourage everyone who reads it.


Honey from the Rock
When I’m up against the wall and the tears begin to fall,
Jesus can still satisfy my soul.

Though my heart is faint with fear and it feels like no one’s near,
Jesus comes to feed my weary soul.

He gives me honey from the very rock I’m up against;
The sweetness of His touch revives my soul.
I taste His mercy in the midst of all my sorrow,
And I know that in His arms I’ll be made whole.

Marilyn Schroeder


Inspired by Psalm 81:16
“If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!  But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;  with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”  (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment