Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 8 - Installing the windows

Building our Cottage
Week 8

It is a week of celebrations....our anniversary (31), my birthday (nevermind), followed by Harry's birthday (57).

I buy an amazing cherry pitter at the local hardware store in Osoyoos and suddenly enjoy being
in the pits!

I also got a camera....which the boys try out below.


Our tradition is to have a family birthday party at my parents' cabin.


We are so fortunate to have both our precious moms with us.


Then its back to Osoyoos, for the work must go on!


The men work hard to put in the new windows.


Midweek is Harry's birthday so we celebrate at the local golf course restaurant.
Happy Birthday, Honey!!


A brief rain cloud leaves behind a beautiful rainbow.


We continue to see glimpses of the Cotter family, but they don't stay visible long.


Our cottage is starting to look dressed by the end of the week.


Beautiful though our homes may be, they are not as beautiful as the 'house of the Lord'.
"What kind of house will you build for me," says the Lord, "or what is the place of my rest?" (Acts 7:49)
The souls of those who know Jesus become God's resting place---his vacation home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading and watching this journey. Looks like a great place for your family to enjoy in the future. We have those kind of memories of Hatzic.

    Bob & I with Amanda and her kids dropped in at Hatzic for an afternoon at the end of July, on our way to Vancouver to see my Dad. Liz was there and we had a bit of a visit. It was fun to see our grandchildren enjoy the water and cabin, if only just for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete